for the newbies!
New to BTACD? Don't know what to do or where to start? Well, little one, you're in luck! That is why the BTACD Mentoring Project was created.
the mentor project
BTACD sports a mentoring program that pairs older members who have taken the designation as official mentors to newer members who haven't been here long. After your joining app is approved, you create an account, and post an introduction, you are free to choose a mentor!
What does a mentor do, you ask? A mentor is your personal guide to all things BTACD! They will help answer any questions you may have, create your first character, get involved in your first thread, and be an all-around helper as you embark on this wondrous journey. You can have more than one mentor, as well, and can pitch questions at any mentor that's online if yours is not!
Once you're ready to choose a mentor, head on over to this topic and post away. If you don't feel comfortable choosing or can't make up your mind, we'll assign you one to help you along. (:
Don't forget to join the Discord for the fastest and easiest way to keep in touch with your mentor(s)!
If you're a Newbie
And here we go! You've now joined BTACD and are now wondering what to do. While the newbie guide does a pretty good job of explaining things, here's a run-down and a little bit more on our mentoring project!
AS A NEWBIE -
- You must be a member who has been in BTACD less than 3 months and/or otherwise have not been promoted to normal member status.
- Once your application has been accepted, post a welcome message on the forum introduction board. Come say hi!
- Ask any questions you like! If you are daunted by anything, don't be afraid to let someone know. If there aren't any mentors online and you have a question, don't be afraid to bring it to the entire forum as well through the Discord server, your introductory topic, or the OOC section. We don't bite.
WHAT TO DO -
Look over our mentor profiles here, and select one or more mentors to pair with. In most cases, they will help you make your first character, and start your first thread with you! Otherwise, they will help you find your first thread and get involved in your first plot.
- Upon receiving an approval to your application and posting your introductory topic, don't be afraid to PM or DM your chosen mentor, or another one of our mentors, with a question; or post in the Discord looking for advice!
- If you don't choose a mentor within a week or so of joining, you will have one assigned to you! Mentors are mandatory to have here, so make sure that you get paired up quickly!
If you're a Mentor
Perhaps you're a long-standing member interested in becoming a mentor, or are a mentor who needs to so a lil' homework? We got ya! Here are the requirements for being a mentor, and the basic job description. (;
AS A MENTOR -
- You must have been in BTACD for at least 6 months and have a good grasp of lore.
- If your mentee has not responded within 5 days of your initial contact, contact them again to see if they are still in BTACD. This can be done via PM, DM, or posting on their introductory topic. Remember to keep in contact, but don't bug!
- If you have any questions presented to you that you are unsure about, ask Verridith, a Council member, or another mentor to help.
WHAT TO DO -
- When online, a newbie may PM/DM you or ask you a question at any time; please be sure to answer any messages promptly, within a day if possible. If you have a problem with answering any question, PM/DM another mentor to see if they know, or consult an admin.
- If you see a newbie asking a question in the Discord server or on the forum, answer accordingly. Don't be afraid to ask them if they need any help with anything; likewise, don't be afraid to ask if a newbie has any ideas, plots or characters they're working on. 'Tis fun to plot! (: Make your mentees feel involved ~
All official mentors are listed below, as well as their current status and any mentees they have.
Verridith (2; Limited Status)
Ellitchhizui, Emberling, Talon, Vectivus, Xena.
Aviela, Jelle, Kitnjinx, Mimifan, MultiMuseCosplays, Xena.
Amakiir, BlueLatios, Credius, Kitnjinx, Upside-Down, Vegetapool.
KittyKookiez, Sashabengal, Skyhawk.
Bees, Ellitchhizui, Vectivus, Vix.
a123, Aviela, Cerulean, Chibi1senpai13, Jammex, Luna Lumos, Sivanandi, Vectivus, WiserOdin032402.
Biohazardia, Elfghoul, Emberling, Hera, Khaos, Moonstar, TheMountainKing, Xena.
All mentor information can be found here. Each one will have a small red gem, , next to their name on the forum.
Each mentor will have a profile below, listing a little about themselves; the gems will be links that lead to their forum profiles, and list whether or not they're open to accepting new newbies at this time.
- OPEN FOR NEW MENTEES
- CLOSED FOR NEW MENTEES
While all of these have mentors' Discord IDs, make sure to PM them on the site first before sending a friend request so they know who you are!
Hello! I'm the derpmin of the site, and have been with BTACD for as long as it's been around. I love fighter jets, drawing, games and dragons. [:
Just a silly nerd who likes to read, write, play vidjea games, and watch anime. Also eat cake. A lot of it. I think I have a problem.
A bundle of 11 people grouped into one body, with lotsa joy to spread. My favorite flavor is spicy and sweet, but not together!
I am Lethio, also the resident tiny Smaug. I like D&D and Magic the Gathering a lot. You can generally find me playing games or chilling in genchat!
A writer of many years, huge on fantasy. Loves hearing people's ideas and is always keen to nerd out about other people's characters with them.